Online sign-up for Riding Academy will be July 16th from 8pm to July 20th at 8pm. Please give us a call If you’d like to sign up for Riding Academy!
Stop Dreaming, Start Riding
Now has never been a better time to learn how to ride a motorcycle. The Harley-Davidson Riding Academy New Rider Course gives you all you need to get your license on the road in no time. The Riding Academy at Alligator Alley Harley-Davidson is open to everyone, whether you currently ride a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle or not.
New Rider Course
When you take a New Rider Course at the Riding Academy you’ll:
- Learn to ride on a genuine Harley-Davidson® motorcycle.
- Get in-class and on-range instruction from Motorcycle Safety Foundation® (MSF) and H-D® Certified Coaches.
- Learn to safely accelerate, shift, brake, and turn, along with manoeuvres like controlling skids and surmounting obstacles.
- When you complete our programs, you receive a State Endorsement. All tests are completed on-site with Alligator Alley Harley-Davidson.
Skilled Rider Course
Take your riding to an all-new level with the Alligator Alley Harley-Davidson Riding Academy Skilled Rider Course. Created for experienced riders, it offers advanced tips and techniques that help you own the road.
The course runs 2 days and is built on the curriculum of the Motorcycle Safety Foundation® (MSF) Basic RiderCourse 2 Suite. Day one consists of a bike inspection and introduction to the curriculum followed by the second day on the range. It is taught by devoted MSF and H-D® Certified Instructors.
Requirements: Must possess a motorcycle with a valid registration and proof of insurance. Must be an experienced rider.
Trike New Rider Course
New to 3-wheel motorcycle riding? No worries. The 3-wheel New Rider Course is your gateway to 3-wheeled freedom. It’s designed to give you the skills to ride with confidence, whether you’re a first-time rider or it’s your first time on three wheels.
- You will need a 3-wheeled motorcycle.
- The 3-Wheel New Rider Course is an entry-level, learn-to-ride 3-wheel motorcycle training and education course taught by MSF and Harley-Davidson Riding Academy Certified Coaches.
- Total course time is approximately 18-20 hours, including classroom instruction, riding exercises on a practice track, and a knowledge and skill test.
- You will receive your State of Michigan endorsement certificate to operate a 3 wheel motorcycle only. (We are not able to train with Polaris Slingshots.)
Start with Jumpstart, a motorcycle mounted to a stable platform; it cannot move. You will be given helpful pointers and then you will be guided through safely mounting the motorcycle and operation of the primary controls.
You will be guided through starting the engine, operating the controls (including the throttle!), and then you will have a chance to run through the gears. Shifting will be explained and you will have the opportunity to learn in a low risk, low pressure, environment. Jumpstart is free to use and you can give it a try just about any time.
BOOK A FREE JUMPSTART SESSION
WHAT WILL I NEED TO REGISTER?
You’ll need a valid automobile driver’s license or learner’s permit, and have the ability to ride a bicycle.
DO I NEED ANY SPECIAL GEAR?
You’ll need to bring the following:
- Full-fingered gloves
- Jeans, chaps, or leather pants with no holes
- Over-the-ankle, sturdy footwear
- A heavy, long-sleeve shirt or jacket
- D.O.T. approved motorcycle helmet
WHAT BIKE WILL I RIDE?
For the riding portion you will ride a Harley-Davidson Street 500 Motorcycle.
Riding Academy® New Rider Course Cancellation Policy and Program Requirements
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
If for any reason a customer cancels their reservation two weeks or more prior to their scheduled course, an in store credit of the appropriate amount will be issued. However, if you cancel after the two week deadline for any reason, a refund is not offered. Any refund will be in the form of an in-store credit.
Program Requirements and Rules:
- 1 Class available for Thurs., Sat. & Sun. (Thurs. 1700-2100, Sat. & Sun. (0700-1700)
- Skilled Rider Course, (BRC2U) and the Trike class, (3WBRC) will be available within the same policy constraints.
- After start of class, no student substitutions are allowed.
- Each class consists of 1 night/2 days of classroom and 2 days of range, (app. 21 hours), to be completed consecutively.
- Riding Academy® Coaches reserve the right to counsel on unsafe students which they deem unsafe to themselves, or others. If counseled on, no refund will be granted.
- No refunds or make up dates are offered to those who leave the class of their own free will or fail to show for a scheduled class without consent from the Riding Academy Manager.
- Riding Academy Management reserves the right to assist students with any unforeseen circumstances which may occur with notice.
Payment is due at the time of registration either on-line, call in or in store